General Information and Frequently Asked Questions . Clubs should be able to easily answer these questions. ACE Volleyball Academy answers are listed below.
- What is the cost for the regular club season? More information available below, but this is many times the question people want to know. ACE Volleyball Academy charges $600 for the entire season. This fee covers coaching for the season, gym rental, USA Volleyball membership, practice t-shirts, sweatshirt, uniform jersey and entry fees for local tournaments. ACE Volleyball can keep their prices down because we use local school gyms. We always work to make up any practices that are cancelled because of school events, bad weather and even earthquakes.
• Where did athletes from local Jr Highs or High Schools play club? ACE Volleyball Academy has been around for about 30 years providing the high level of coaching for local players..
• Do you want a club that practices close by?
Are you willing to travel 30 minutes or more to attend practice, possibly 3 times a week, with a certain club? Remember the season is in the winter and most practices are on school nights. It is a big commitment to play for a club program and players are expected to be at practice.
• Does the club offer a team in the appropriate age division? ACE offers the following teams 18U, 17U, 16U, 15U, 14U, 13U & younger developmental teams.
• Does the club participate in SafeSport policies regarding coach/player and player/player communication and involvement? ACE, YES
Philosophy – Know what YOUR philosophy is . . . . what do you want from a club during the season? See ACE philosophy link under the About tab
• Are you looking for travel opportunities? ACE out of state travel costs are approximately $700-900 a trip excluding airfare. ACE fees are almost all inclusive covering lodging, meal local transportation, tournament fees, extra jerseys.
• Are you looking for a club to prepare for high school? ACE trains players to improve their weak areas and build on their strengths and pushing them to their athlete and mental limits.
• Are you looking for your athlete to get scholarships? ACE helps players improve their skills to play at the next level. ACE Coaches are on the lookout for colleges that need top quality players.
• How much do tryouts cost? Is payment required for each tryout or does one fee cover all tryout sessions? ACE tryout fees are about $10 and covers all ACE tryouts.
• How much is due up front after committing to the club? ACE commitment deposit is about $200.
• What player equipment is covered in the cost? jerseys? warm-ups? shoes? kneepads? socks? bags? ACE fees cover jerseys, some type of warmup top, practice shirt, possible a backpack, local tournament fees and USAV registration fees.
• How often are payments made? Monthly, 1 or 2 installments? ACE local team fees (approx $600) can be paid in one payment or 3 installments.
• Are travel expenses included in the payments or are they separate? If separate, when are they due? ACE travel team fees are in addition to local ACE team fees and can be paid in installments.
• What if my son/daughter gets hurt during the season? Do I have to pay for the part of the season when my son/daughter is hurt? ACE Fees will be prorate for the portion of the season played by an injured player.
• Is fundraising available to offset the cost? ACE parents can organize fund raising, but it must be approved by the ACE club director.
Members on the team
• How many players are kept on the team? ACE teams have approx 10 players each. This provides a good number for practice drills and game subs.
• Is playing time guaranteed? ACE comp team do not have a guaranteed amount of playing time for each play, but coach attempt to provide players with a reason amount of play time at each tournament, unless there are disciplinary or practice attendance problems.
• When will the final roster for each team be determined? ACE will be publish tentative rosters a few days after each tryout and final rosters will occur soon after the financial commitment date.
Level of Commitment
• Many players are active in other sports or activities. Try to have a feel for what your schedule might be like in your other activities so you will know if there are any or many conflicts. Always check with the club to see what is tolerated.
• ACE is Cooperative within reason – there are a few instances that the club may excuse you for being late or absent. 14U & 13U player that play valley middle school volleyball are automatically excused for arriving late to practices.
• How many practices are there per week? ACE practices twice a week and sometimes an optional 3rd season.
• How long is each practice? ACE practices last 90 to 120 minutes.
• Where are the practices located? ACE practices are held at numerous schools in the Mat-Su valley (Wasilla & Palmer) and sometime at the Valley MTA sports center.
• Are parents permitted to watch? Most ACE coaches allow parents to watch as long as they do not interfere with the practices or attempt to coach their child from the sidelines.
• How many tournaments are played in each month? ACE teams play in at least 4 monthly tournaments.
• How many are out-of-state tournaments? Only ACE travel team attend tournament out of state, one per travel team.
• How many tournaments will you travel to and with what age groups? In 2020 ACE plans to travel to one tournament in Spokane Wash with age groups 17U, 16U, 15U, 14U and possible 18U.
• How are travel arrangements handled? ACE only handles flight arrangements for coaching staff, but cover all player lodging, food, local transportation, and tournament fees. Parents must make player flight arrangement and are encourage to have player fly with the coaching staff.
• Does the club offer parent travel? ACE parents are welcome to travel and support the ACE teams at the tournament, but ACE does not handle and Parent travel.
• How many coaches are staffed per team? ACE has 1-2 certified coaches per team provide a high level of instruction.
• What are their qualifications? ACE coaches are USAV Impact and Safe Sport certified. Most head coaches have 10-30 years experience and have coaches at the HS varsity level.
• How does the club communicate with the parents/players? Do they have a web site? Monthly meetings? Newsletters? Handbook? ACE has a website http://www.acevbacademy.com, a facebook page and uses TeamSnap program to send out team and club information.
• What is the chain of command if I have an issue? ACE chain of command for issue resolution is: Player talks with coach, then parent talks with coach, then parent contact club director. Parents should wait until after a practice to tournament to talk with a coach.
• Car Pooling? • Club/Team outings throughout the year? ACE team parents are encouraged to communicate with other parents to arrange car pools. ACE Coaches do not transport players exempt during travel tournament or emergencies.
• Clinics/camps throughout the year? ACE may offer a few extra skills clinics.
• College recruiting help? ACE coaches have a lot of experience and contacts and can help player with recruiting topics. Several coaches belong to national American Volleyball Coaches Assoc (AVCA) which includes most college coaches.
• Does the club have their own facility? ACE rents local facilities for practices and tournaments. Renting courts at local schools is far less expensive than renting a private facility. That is how we can keep our cost lower than other clubs and still maintain excellent training.