Tryout results will be posted under your age group. Click on the “Comp Team” tab at the top of the page and then on your age group.
The AK Region has set some new rules regarding tryouts. These rules are made in the best interest of the athlete and are similar to other states.
– Middle School – The 1st day for tryouts will be two Sundays prior to the start of the high school regional tournaments. This coming season will be Sunday, Oct 27, 2019. Tryouts may occur anytime on or after this date, however commitments to a program by a middle school player can not take place before Nov 5, 2019.
– 18 and under (High school)– The 1st day of tryouts for players (high school players), will be the Sunday immediately after the High School State Championship. This coming season that date will be Sunday, November 17, 2019. The first day players can commit to a program is November 26, 2019.
2019-2020 Season USAV Age bracket definitions –
|Age Division||Date of Birth 9/1 thru 8/31|
|11U||9/1/2008 – 8/31/2011|
|12U||9/1/2007 – 8/31/2008|
|13U||9/1/2006 – 8/31/2007|
|14U||9/1/2005 – 8/31/2006|
|15U||9/1/2004 – 8/31/2005|
|16U||9/1/2003 – 8/31/2004|
|17U||9/1/2002 – 8/31/2003|
|18U||9/1/2001 – 8/31/2002|
|*18U||9/1/2000 – 8/31/2001 if a SR during academic year|
TRYOUT DATES 2019-20 Season
Oct. 29, 2019 for grades 6-8th.
November 19th for freshmen and sophomores
November 18th for juniors and seniors.
Steve Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org
ACE is planning on taking travel teams to Spokane Washington at the end of March and possibly an older team to Las Vegas in February and younger teams to Volleyball Festival in Phoenix at the end of June. Travel teams are by invitation. Traveling is an extra expense of $700-850 plus airfare, depending on the tournament. We do encourage fundraising.
- Pre-register with ACE using the link above.
- Register or renew your USA Volleyball membership using this link http://alaskavolleyball.com/ Mark “unpaid” during the payment phase of the registration. ACE will write one check for the program.
- Print and complete the medical release, found on the registration page. (bring to tryouts)
- Check out the links at the top of the page to familiarize with the cost of the regular club season, travel options and tournament schedule.
- $10 cash tryout fee is due at tryouts.